My Second Trip to Holland - VJFB, The Hague, Rotterdam and More


Maybe you can remember, I’ve been to Amsterdam in November year 2017 already and have shared a post here. Chris wanted to celebrate his birthday in the Netherlands so planned a trip to stay there for a couple of days. As saying we I mean Chris, myself and two very good friends of us with which we spent NYE together in Poland already. I don’t want to write too much this time but since we explored many great other places I’d like to share a few moments and recommendations with you 💜

From Leipzig to Amsterdam it takes about 6 to 7 hours with the car. Therefore only had the half of Tuesday left but were able to see a bit of the city and got comfortable in our Airbnb which was located in Zaandam. The rooms were bright and had lots of space to chill and hang out. You can have a look within my highlights on Instagram here
Below you can see Zaandam as well a rubber duck I found in a store in Amsterdam which was full with themed bath ducks whereto I find mine! A little witch/wizard 🔮💜





In the evening we went to The Vegan Junk Food Bar also known as VJFB where I reserved a table for us. The drinks were really good and from the starters liked the chickpea fries the most! The banana chips were a bit boring and personally didn’t like the fried shrimps at all(but the boys did).






 For the main we got burgers as well salad as I was so stuffed already and the Chik’n Caesar salad sounded very good to me. I absolutely loved the patty and can highly recommend it! Unfortunately the burgers which are supposed to come in colorful buns were sold out so got normal buns instead which was a bit disappointing.





Taste-wise I prefer the burgers at Flower Burgers over the VJFB. It’s still a lovely place and the staff was super sweet 💜 I’m sure the bar in Barcelona which will open in summer will be a wonderful success! 


On Wednesday we left to Rotterdam with the car as Chris got tattooed there(obviously). In the meantime explored the area with a few friends where I’ve found such cool clothes at Bershka!! Didn’t buy anything as I’m more of an online shopper person but bought some super cute socks and a pin at a shop called Hema instead(not pictured). 
Rotterdam is such an interesting city with lots of colorful and futuristic buildings. It’s a lot different to Amsterdam but both have its very own charm. 



After Chris was finished we went to Flower Burgers across the street and tried their colorful burgers including their limited elf edition in green. I’ve been to this place in Rome before and I know why I felt so in love with it 💜 Can highly recommend it!! 




We explored the pier which has reminded me a lot of Hamburg and Rostock(just that it’s a lot prettier), had cake at Spirit and then spontaneously decided to drive to The Hague to enjoy the breathtaking view and the lights in the dark on the pier 💜🎡 This was definitely one of my highlights from the whole trip! 



On Thursday we went back to Amsterdam as Chris had another appointment at a different studio to get his ear piercing changed. On the same street there were shops like Urban Outfitters as well Primark, more including Bershka, Pull & Bear on another side street. There were many stores with candy from all over the world. So colorful! Chris and me also shared a small pizza with vegan cheese for the little hunger(yes we eat a lot so that wasn't 
much for us haha)



Then discovered the flower market which was a bit disappointing to me as I expected more fresh flowers overall but that might be the season(?). Then also went into the vintage store Episode which is pretty much the most popular there and recommendable. But personally prefer ones such as Humana where you can find true cheap gems.




There’s also a huge place with looots of pigeons and a guy there gave us food for them so sweet were covered in pigeons from head to toe haha 






It was rainy all day long like most of the time of our stay but the worst on this day. So tried really hard to get some pictures as I planned to shoot a lot more there. In the evening we went to SLA which I can highly recommend too as the food there is so fresh and good!! Definitely one of my fav spots as I’m not the biggest fan of fast food all the time. 



 After that on our way back to the central station we went through the red light district which was super fun to explore! No picture for you here haha but definitely check it out when you're there it's interesting!


On Friday we had to return already so there's not much to tell than enjoying a long but funny car ride 🐱

Below a few pics I took within the supermarkets and a bit more ab out the food there. The bread in the Netherlands is the BEST I've ever had. I already noticed that in 2017 and since then couldn't get it out of my mind anymore. I would be addicted to it living there :D The vegan range is huuge too! Lots of meat alternatives(which I'm personally not the biggest fan of) but also so many sweets and other things. You also have sooo many different varieties of hummus.



I bought myself the BEST hazelnut duo spread ever again(not gonna lie, my jar is half empty as I had so much on my trip already :D) And please note not everything vegan is labelled! This is just a small part of it. The best gems aren't even labelled as vegan on both shelf and package itself. So keep your eyes open always :)



and also salty licorice and caramel soft candy by Klene and Stroopwafels by the brand Punselie's which both even have a vegan label on it therefore easy to spot. Don't forget to take peanut butter with you!! Literally my heaven! Spotted this version with coconut and maple sirup! 






I can see myself coming back to the Netherlands for another time but definitely more in spring or around summer since I would love to see everything blooming while turning the nights into adventures 🌷💜

Have you been there before? And if yes, what did you experience? 💜 


5 comments :

  1. I've been there 2 years ago in November as my boyfriend was studying in Delft for 6 monthes. This was the cutest city i've ever been to. We also saw The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam. My favorite thing to do was walking in the little streets of Delft because the city center as so many gems��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh so in 2018 right? I was there in November 17 :) I've never heard of Delft before but it looks cute from pictures!! What did you study? 💜 I will definitely go there when I'm in The Hague again since it's just right next to it. Thank you 💜💜

      Delete
    2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. I live here for almost 4 years now (not in Amsterdam but a little bit up north, in Alkmaar, although I work in Amsterdam) and I'm still in love with the country! Next time you wanna visit I can recommend you some nice vegan places around town <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I as where you are from originally? I just love that you are so flexible to go anywhere as everything is so close! So you have lots of possibilities and can create lovely adventures and trips <3 Would definitely receive some more recommendations next time, even meeting up if you want that'd be so so lovely!! <3

      Delete