London, My Hogwarts. I Can't Get Enough Of You.



One week. Did this all really happen? Did I just woke up from a dream? Sitting on the plane back home now(you know I love writing here) while trying to realize if this was all real. How scared I was in the first place and how quickly time passed by, now being so fulfilled with love and happiness.

I remember a few weeks ago I was so scared and stressed about the fact that I couldn’t stop thinking about packing my bag, hand luggage only for whole two weeks. I never take more than that with me and don’t wanted to go for more this time either. Besides the fact that I have things and work home waiting for me. Got called twice from mail carriers throughout the last two days in London asking for a delivery date so the decision to rebook and go for one week only instead of two or none at all was the best I could make and I’m thankful for my friends who kept motivating me to just do it. 

I’ve experienced lots of wonderful things and explored many “old” but also new places but most importantly noticed mental changes regarding my anxiety, fears but also what I think about my future, dreams, the view on London as well on moving away, career, friendship, love, well simply many things. 

With this post I mainly would like to inspire souls who struggle with similar fears this time as well to reflect my thoughts and to show lots of love to those who have inspired me strongly on this adventure. I like to use it as a diary, journey, so explain things from day to day as I love to look back and to read what has happened. The tiniest details will stay in my heart though as I'll never forget them.





Wednesday

The day of my flight to London was weird as usual since it’s always in the evening and it’s hard to keep your thoughts together being excited and impatient. I can’t remember how I entertained myself exactly but I ended up taking selfies with cute cat filters which has helped a lot. You should try too! The flight was fine, the way to Harrow where my friend lives and where I stayed for the week quite easy too except that I missed my bus station then ended up in a village in a neighbors backyard garden at midnight so desperate for a loo. Then sat on a kerb in the cold on the street eating my onion bhaji sandwich it was a funny situation :D



By the way, below is me how I always look whenever I travel around. I can't believe how people look soo good and fancy on their travels when they post pictures to their Instagram. This can't be real haha. So here this is me and the true reality 🙂




Thursday 

On my first day I went to Live True London again getting my hair done, just an Olaplex treatment as well a bit cut and color. It’s always nice to be there since everyone is super caring and Paco is doing such a great job. You can read about my other visits in detail here. Before that I grabbed a Thai Pasty at Warrens Bakery which you can see below. They have a few vegan options at the moment. Was super tasty!



Below a before and after picture of my hairdresser appointment. By the way so many of you asked about the color so I asked Paco and he was using Redken Shade EQ 09V and washed it with Blondayage also from Redken which is a silver shampoo.






Friday 

On Friday we slept quite long and I decided to stay in Harrow with Kinga for grocery shopping adventures. You must know about my obsession with that since I love to hunt for vegan treasures in all the different places and supermarkets. I have to admit that I actually have more knowledge than some vegans who live within England but I just love to gather info in advance and to see what is available. I introduced many new things to Kinga what made me really happy.



We tried the Halo Top PB dairy free version. It didn't taste that good to be honest. A bit like powdered peanut butter. But if you add chocolate sauce or more real peanut butter it's quite good! Just that it destroys the calories again nevermind haha




Below the BEST hummus ever. I'm obsessed with coriander at the moment so this was screaming at me. Was a great decision to go for it, just that I'm so disappointed that we don't have it here within my country. I should just try to make it on my own at home.



This café here was located in the St. Georges shopping center in Harrow and had this super cool rainbow cake as well two vegan options. I didn't try it but it looks absolutely heavy and delish!



Couldn't leave without a photo together with this purple wheelie bin haha







My endless love for peanut butter hehe




Saturday  

On Saturday I met a German friend who’s currently living in London. It was great to hear about the experiences as we both lastly met two years ago both dreaming about living in London. We went to Camden Market, Urban Outfitters where I spotted these two cool books as well to Purezza for vegan pizza and lemon cheesecake. Was a lovely place a bit crowded but a nice atmosphere anyway. The food was awesome too!








After that I met Kinga again and also another very good friend for the first time which I got to know through Instagram two years ago. We went to a bar called The Blind Pig for a few drinks. The drinks were nice(except this one I had with olives and.. I can't remember it was super strong and weird haha) it was just a bit loud inside but you have that in most bars. 





Sunday 
Not as long as expected 

After desperately hunting for Greggs vegan sausage rolls(you probably can’t hear it anymore if you’re living in England) I surprisingly got my hands on one just around the corner in one of the two Greggs in Harrow. Honestly it was shorter than expected(that’s what I said to Kinga 😅) and the taste was fine but not to die for. Needs a bit more flavor. I ended up dipping it into ketchup which I found in Pret which was a quite nice combination 😁 So yes if you are able to get your hands on it it’s worth a try especially for 1£ only. I personally wouldn’t buy it again tho. 



I made my way up to Baker Street to explore Madame Tussauds together with my friend as he invited me(thank you once again 💜) This was actually a big step to me as I feel anxious in closed places where you are actually not able to just run away whenever you want to if you understand. That is one good reason why I can’t go normally to events or attractions except if I’d do it regularly hopefully overcoming my fear completely in future. On this day I had such a huge low to high, woke up with the most anxious feeling ending it with one of the happiest after all. Additionally being with someone I just met recently, so much excitement at once but I made it and I’m proud of it. It made me stronger and I truly feel the improvement within my heart and mind. So remember that the only way to overcome your fear is to face it. Over and over again. Make it to an adventure instead of pain. I mean, what do you have to lose except the opportunity and the memory? I just said fuck it you are here now, you only live once. Leave all the insecurities behind you. You want to inspire not only with fashion but the way you face life with all the quests you want to finish like how I like to imagine it’s like with being in a game you know. 







This was a wonderful side quest but coming back to the main story now where we decided to go to Farmstands having lunch. I've been there last time already. I just love this place as the food is so fresh and tasty while you’re surrounded by lots of plants. 





Afterwards we spotted a really freaking cool bar called Mr. Fogg. You might have seen it in my Instagram story but the bathroom there was just insane. Not to mention the lovely staff as well the creative and tasty drinks we had. We got welcomes by a lady dressed in a Safari outfit, went downstairs where on the left was this kind of train looking like the Hogwarts Express where you could sit in. Everyone was dressed in nice Victorian inspired clothes. Would totally go there again 👌🏻 





In the end we tried and shared the vegan pizza at Pizza Hut. It was okay but really not special at all. Not much taste of the cheese and the crust was like a basic pizza chain crust. Not bad though. I’m not that pizza or junk food person overall I just like to have it once a while when I’m traveling around. 






Monday

On Monday we got invited to the London Edge. I hope you’ve seen a bit of content I posted in my Instagram story. Kinga and I went to The Breakfast Club first where we shared avocado and cannellini beans on toast and vegan pancakes along with wakening oat milk coffee. We didn’t have much time to hang out at the London Edge but it was enough to meet my favorite brands like T.U.K. as well Long Clothing where I finely met Gareth again after years, then also talked to Altercore in person for the very first time which left a wonderful feeling in me. You can definitely tell that I was obsessed with all the footwear this time haha













Tuesday 
Mint, Intense and Peckish

And each time when I come to London I just have to go to Soho which is one of my favorite areas as the stores of my favorites brands are located there. Therefore I popped into The Ragged Priest having long chats with the staff followed by another visit at Underground London. You should know both of them from me already if not may take a look at the blog posts here and here to get an imagination. My friend Ross joined later and we had lots of fun exploring the places, hanging out in costume shops(the one from the pictures is right next to Underground as a few people asked before) it was raining heavily outside so coffee chats in Pret were very welcomed too. By the way if you wonder what I mean with the three words above, well, that's a personal story :D But I can tell I have learned lots of funny new words throughout my trip. Isn't that mint? :D Below a picture of Kinga and me in the morning to grab fresh hummus, bread and fruit from the market. Felt like a bag with all my lumpy layers but the mirror glasses make up for it :D





I spotted these could trousers below in All Saints! I totally need them ugh










Wednesday 

Was the day of my return again. I still can't believe how short it was. The feeling of how we sense time is constantly changing. And my idea is to expand the trips each time, from two days to five, then a week and even longer. Because my dream to go to Japan is still in front of me where I would stay for at least three weeks, as well the wish to move out of this country completely. Below a picture of my return outfit haha which was basically the same again except intimates as I had to wear all the layers to save space :D



So yes you can totally tell that I'm absolutely grateful for everything that happened. All the little things like having deep and philosophical chats with Kinga all night long while hanging out in front of the heater or smoking menthol cigs in the garden hearing the birds singing in the background under the dark night sky. The people on the streets who gave me compliments and what I gave back in return putting a smile on their face. These hearty laughers I had, so bad that it felt like I'm going to faint. The excited feeling of being on your own, finding the next train having no idea where to go where I felt that I start to take everything a bit easier. Because in those situations the most wonderful things happen and you also meet new souls.

So now being ready to share this post I feel pain within my heart. I wrote a huge text to my best friend today telling him about my London trip and while writing tears hit into my eyes. I feel homesick. I feel truly homesick. It was planned to go to Brighton or another place this time but I enjoyed being within so much in London that I couldn't make it to somewhere else. So I still can't tell if it is London exactly or England in general which gives me this whole heartwarming feeling. I loved being in NYC last year. Enjoyed my time in Paris. Explored Amsterdam, Slovenia, Budapest and many other places. But none of them gave me this feeling I get within London. It is like my Hogwarts. The Dursley's to whom I don't want to return to as they're not my true family.


London.
I miss you.
And my endless love for you will never end.

💜

7 comments :