Into The Woods - Life in a Treehouse


So two weeks ago week from Monday to Thursday I spent time in the nature together with my sister and her little dog Paula. We were staying at Robins Nest which is a treehouse hotel located in a deep forest near Göttingen and Kassel, in Witzenhausen. It was actually a really interesting experience so I’d like to share a few of my impressions with you collecting my honest opinion with benefits and disadvantages of my stay. 

The way from Leipzig is quite easy and only took me less than three hours with the train. Peter the owner was so kind and picked us up at the Witzenhausen Nord station where we headed further up into the woods. So if you have a car make use of it and take it to get there as it is the easiest option. 

We both were staying in the treehouse called “Korkhaus” which is best for two people. If you plan a trip with more friends I’d recommend the Stelzenhaus with more space as well an own shower, a swing and a fireplace. Each house has its own flair so you will definitely enjoy all of them. Besides that you can spend time in the just recently opened Waldbar and restaurant where you can eat, enjoy drinks or just hang out with people. There’s also the castle just two minutes away a street lower to enjoy history.




We had a few drinks and good talks in the evening at the Waldbar. Peter made us "Flammkuchen", vegan for me. 


On the first day we woke up to the view straight into the forest which is absolutely breathtaking. We had breakfast which is always included within the stay. Vegetarian and vegan friendly so there was nothing missing. You can also ask for additional lunch and dinner there along with personal wishes or desires. We went to a near Tegut supermarket when we arrived already to buy all necessary things so you can completely decide what you would like to have throughout the stay. 










I'm a cinnamon addict haha don't judge :D I was telling my sister oh now what if they don't have cinnamon then found this huge bottle in the kitchen lol :D

We had the whole day in front of us to explore the woods with its natural beauty while breathing the fresh air which I noticed after arriving already. If you feel anxious around people or can’t stand crowded places you’ll feel like in heaven here. 










In the evening we had dinner, all vegan prepared by the cook which was super yummy. The dessert was the best and was so excited for it that I actually forgot to take a picture haha. It was some kind of cold coconut milk semolina porridge with berries.



In the night we had a 'little' visitor inside the bathroom :D My sister woke me up and I took the spider outside even if I’m super scared myself but I reminded myself that it is just an animal like any other. 
On the second day a wish came true, exactly, we woke up to a winter wonderland. 









I can tell all weather situations are amazing in its own way and you’ll experience different feelings and activities. On this day we decided to go another route in the forest whereto we ended up walking miles around the castle hills up and down again. It was quite exhausting but so good. You feel so alive afterwards, feeling the muscle pain and gains in your legs, then coming back home into your little warm cave with coffee or tea in your hands, snuggled up in the wooden beds unter your warm blanket, yes, you can imagine that great feeling. By the way, all houses are super cozy and heated so you will never get cold inside don’t worry. In our house we had a dry toilet(interesting experience), cold water within the bathroom and got a water boiler additionally to make hot beverages for example.
We felt a bit like on a boat hearing and feeling the wind outside blowing against the house. That's one of the main things I noticed and have truly enjoyed. 
You have no WiFi there but still can use the internet through mobile data on your phone in case you have it available. I’m honest I really wanted to do a 100% detox but I didn’t feel the urge to force myself. I was able to stop myself checking my phone constantly but it didn’t feel like I rely on it. Sometimes I just wanted to show my sister things online to talk about different topics. It wasn’t that I needed to post something or end up texting with people. So it can be really nice for you to notice and estimate how your relationship with social media truly is. I'm much better with that overall since last year already so that was a good example for me noticing how I feel about it.






On Thursday we left around 1 pm again after having a nice last breakfast. I took my train back home reading Harry Potter.





It was definitely a nice experience no matter if you go there in summer, winter, autumn or spring. Each season will give the wood a complete different atmosphere to enjoy. I feel very happy about the fact that it started to snow because I truly missed the white beauty here within Germany. You also don’t have to be worried about other people, noises or a stressful feeling there. Just breathe, reflect yourself, find inner peace or take cool pictures like we did :) I'm happy I left mine at home but you can of course bring your laptop with you if you want to work or write things. 
Being in the woods isn’t made to get ready with lots of makeup or wearing platforms like I use to do literally everyday. I missed a good mirror there to be honest but mostly for the shooting pictures only. However everyone there is happy for feedback so I'm sure they'll take that to their heart for the next visitors. It is also lovely to capture yourself in a more relaxed and honest, natural way.  

I can definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience something different while still having vegan and vegetarian options around. The quality of the houses is amazing. Still natural and minimalistic when it comes to the toilets and interior but you feel absolutely safe and cozy. I’m not that big fan of hotels with all its luxury so you can’t compare it with a casual hotel at all. I was impressed of how many people have messaged me telling me that they’ve been there before already while I was posting stuff in my Instagram story. Feel free to drop any questions below for me to answer and let me know if you've been there before or if you plan to go. Would love to hear your own opinion

🌳🌲🔮💜 


8 comments :

  1. Der Käfig mit "Kinderbetreuung" haha ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You're such an amazing creator I'm so glad I follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much whoever you are! I'm glad you like what I create and share 💜

      Delete