Welcome to the Chipmunks - My Wisdom Teeth Removal Experience


Hey babes! 

Today I'm talking about a highly requested post as you may know got my wisdom teeth out on Friday the 13th two weeks ago. I still have to take care now but I didn't have to take painkillers since this Monday anymore so I'm going to share my OWN, personal experiences with you
(please keep in mind it is different for each and everyone. I'm just talking about my own journey)

I also added a couple of pictures I took after about 6 days without any makeup on except adding my own way to exhibit and add a deep meaning :)




I will keep this a bit like an interview as I was asking you on Instagram about specific questions you have so will list them here.

Q: How many teeth did you get out?
A: I went for all four at once. I still think it was a very good idea as honestly wouldn't want to go through that again. Can you believe some people even have 5-6 wisdom teeth? So crazy but it's real!

Q: Did you have a general anesthesia? Because I got all of my four removed with local anesthesia.
A: Mine got removed with a local anesthesia too :) 

Q: Did you say anything embarrassing/funny on the laughing gas?
A: Wait what, you can get laughing gas? Haha this is funny! Didn't know that. But no because I didn't get laughing gas just injections. But my mouth was SO numb I couldn't speak anymore and got pretty anxious.

Q: What is the process like?
A: So firstly you get anesthesia. Either local or general you can decide. I went for local as I'm not that scared of pain overall. My doctor started to remove my top left tooth first which was all fine, then removed the bottom one on that side which was horrible as he had to break it out(means he used a drill which makes scary noises as you may know from dentists visits). Then the right side. The top one was easy again, bottom horrible with the same procedure as on the left. I didn't feel pain only the strong pulling from my dentist to get out the teeth as well a bit feeling of the tooth root when the teeth gets pulled out. Finally your dentist will stitch up the holes(only the bottom ones in my case I don't know if there are differences). And then you're finished already! Everything took about a half an hour in my case.

Q: Can you keep the teeth afterwards?
A: Well two of mine were broken but the others still complete. I forgot to ask in advance and watched the nurse throwing them into the bin while I tried to 'tell' her that I want to keep them which was a really funny and awkward situation :D But she put them into a little blue treasure chest for me to take home so yes normally you can keep them. I've heard of one person on Instagram that she wasn't allowed to tho which I don't understand. Just ask your dentist(but best in advance haha).

Q: Is it normal to get bruises on your face after the procedure?
A: It happens to many people actually yes. If you bruise easily it will probably be the case. I was very shocked first as when my face was less swollen it turned all blue and green instead. You can easily hide it with scarves or fase masks or just put on makeup. There are even tutorials and YouTube videos out there! But honestly, I was thinking the other way around again and made it fashion :) Mine faded very quickly it's still a little bit yellowish now(after a week and a half) but only if you know and stare closely.





Q: How long did you feel sick after the surgery?
A: The first days were the worst for sure as I spit blood for 3-4 days, was laying in my bed with a towel under my chin and slavered blood and spit. On Tuesday I felt a little better, my face was less swollen but got the bruises. I just had this super disgusting taste and breathe in my mouth which probably was supported by the stitches which I got removed a week later on Friday. After that I felt so much better. The bruises became less visible but I was still in pain, woke up every night forced to take another painkiller. They were literally my life saver. I had horrible teeth pain as well headache. Just don't take more than three pills a day. I fully stopped using them on Monday so after a week and a weekend!

Q: Did the feeling/taste of the stitches cause you nausea? I was so ill with mine(variety of reasons)
A: Well the stitches became really annoying after 4-6 days as you can start to feel them with your tongue plus they catch all the bacteria and give you bad breathe/disgusting taste. You always think there's something in your teeth so try to avoid playing around with them :D I was really scared as I thought there was food in the wounds so you can't tell where the smell and breathe comes from exactly. But if you touch the stitches with your tongue you can taste it. After I got them removed it was sooo much better!! 

Q: What did you eat during the process?/Weird question but what have you been eating since you mouth has been sore?
A: Not weird at all. But probably one of the things which affected me the most as you can't chew and need to go all the way for liquid food. On the first day I barely ate anything as I wasn't able to open my mouth except for the pain killers and a bit of peanut soup and fruit puree. But honestly, you're not even really hungry while having so much blood in your mouth. After 3 days it got easier for me. I made researches and tried out as many ideas as possible. Different soups such as pumpkin, carrot, lentil, sweet potato etc. as well mashed potatoes with gravy for example or also hummus, baba Ganoush or avocado/guacamole. I also had soy/coconut yoghurt, apple mouse or baby food in the glasses which come in so many different options, for breakfast usually always had porridge(oatmeal for babies which is smoother) made with almond milk mixed with melted chocolate/nut butters/jam and banana to get my energy in. Yea I definitely didn't shorten on peanut butter and tried to put it into everything possible haha(I'm a peanut addict and thanks to god you don't have to chew it in smooth form). Semolina pudding and milk rice also work well. If you love ice cream go for it! I dislike everything which is available here in Germany after being in Rome eating their incredible gelato so didn't have it here anymore. Just get sure it's not made from dairy as all dairy products are bad throughout that time(lucky to be vegan). The same goes for smoothies. I'm not a big fan of them but you can have all different kinds as long as it's smooth and easy to drink. One last thing which I want to recommend and had often was my special chickpea cookie dough/drink. If you want the recipe let me know as it's the best thing on earth!!!

Q: How long does it take to heal overall?
A: So this question is hard to answer not only because it really IS different to everyone. It also depends on how many teeth you get removed as well the fact that mine are still not completely healed after a bit more than a week now. But overall it takes about 1-2 weeks if everything is going well. In my case it took about a week and a half but I like to mention that I still need to take care and can't chew very crispy things. But it's getting easier day by day :)



If you want to read about actual other experiences from people I recommend you to check out this post on my Instagram. Just read through the comments! 

If you have any questions left to me feel free to leave them below here. I hope this all clears up a bit and remember don't be afraid! It's not fun to go through that at all but many of us have to. And think of the positive sides such as eating ice cream, laying in bed all day long watching Netflix and playing video games. Writing, drawing, reading, doing all the things you sometimes don't find the time for.

💜




1 comment :

  1. Thanks for providing information. it's very useful. We at Aestheticplus Clinic offering best Wisdom teeth removal in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete