My Time in Rome


I’m not writing on the plane this time but since I usually take flights from Berlin instead of Leipzig now I have the chance to write on the coach back to my city. It’s Sunday. And now thinking how quickly time passed again it’s insane. We took the coach, then the plane from Berlin to Rome Tuesday evening. It all went smoothly(except my jewelry and platform shoe struggles at the airport security check as well that I felt out of the bus from Ciampino Airport to Rome Termini and basically got welcomed with a blue bloody knee haha). 
Our Airbnb was amazing and the positive feeling I got from the pictures in advance didn’t lie to me. Having an own small flat is so comfortable and it’s great as you keep your privacy. I made a full Airbnb tour within my Instagram story. In case you missed it you can check it out in my Rome highlights here





On Wednesday 
our first day we walked up our street where we went into Coop to buy some essentials for breakfast. If you know me in person then you know how much I love supermarkets it’s literally like shopping to me. Everything in another language gives it an additional thrill and there are so many #accidentallyvegan finds waiting for you in every corner. I showed you what I explored to you in another specific “Vegan in Rome” blog post here. After brekkie we started our 20km walking day running through the streets up into the city center. There was so much to see at every corner I can’t even put it into words. Meanwhile went into a few other supermarkets and got our first Italian gelato(here again I put all of the info in the previous post). Italian Gelato = The best!! And I think I won’t be able to face anything else back in Germany anymore. No joke.
We also found a big flea market selling clothes, shoes and accessories. This one was called San Giovanni. Just be careful it's not like a regular flea market. Don't know how to explain but you can still find gems there! I got myself two pair of glasses which I love to the moon and back 💜



We made our way up to the Colosseum which is probably the most known place in Rome to you. It’s nice to go there and not too crowded in compare to other tourist magnets. But coming back on that later. We walked through a park to Monti which is one of my favorite areas. There were a couple of vintage stores which were overpriced as fuck tho(tried on two glasses each was 40-50€). 
But also spotted a few vegan places where we had lunch at one of them followed by sweet treats at another right next to it(details at Vegan in Rome). There were so many beautiful buildings on this day I can’t even recall them anymore. We went to the famous Trevi Fountain early evening which was a disappointment as it was full of people. Same with the Spanish Steps. The ice cream around the area there was expensive as fuck too never buy there! Rather walk 10 minutes to the BEST ice cream place with tons of vegan options(find the exact place here). It slowly became dark outside. We walked through Piazza del Popolo where a guy played Metallica songs live with his electric guitar. It was super chill! Then we went crazy walking back in the dark for about an hour haha. 












On Thursday 
we decided to go to a cemetery, which was called Campo Verano, the biggest one in Rome. We had a little shooting there(I photographed a lot with my analogue camera throughout my whole stay too) and I spotted a couple of lizards(even caught a tiny one, released him again of course I posted it within my highlights) and also a gecko! I felt like a little child again it made me so happy. I guess that was my favorite place from all as we were completely on our own there without having any tourists or people around us. Just nature, animals and beautiful buildings and graves. On this day I also found out what these loud noises coming from the trees are. I wasn’t sure whether it’s crickets or birds we don’t have that at all in Germany! But then I realized it might be cicadas! 
I also spotted a bunch of green and colorful parrots flying from tree to tree 🦜 





After that we set our next destination to the Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary but jumped out of the bus at a restaurant I came across in advance where we had lunch. Curious what we got? Check it hereSame with the ice cream we had afterwards which was so good that we went there twice to try other flavors on Friday. We arrived at the Cat Sanctuary which looked a bit abandoned but we spotted a few cute cats where one was chilling on the steps outside welcoming us to pet her gently. Such a cutie isn’t she? 💜 





We walked further up to another new area over a bridge then along the river full of bars and booths. Something really funny happened there I can’t even go into details haha but these little memories make the trips to something truly special 💜 It’s just so beautiful sitting in the sunset on a stone wall with a view over the river. Warm weather and lovely music from the near in your ear. It slowly got darker, we went back to our place hitting another 15km on that day.






For Friday 
we had plans for sure again. And accidentally found such an unbelievable magical place which I just have to recommend you! It’s in a backyard of a house but you can immediately see a huge wizard 🧙🏻‍♂️ figure showing you the right way. In the store called Storia e Magia where you get enchanted by different themed rooms such as Game of Thrones, fairies and witches, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings and many more. I took so many pictures and videos in there I swear if I’d live in Rome I’d totally buy a couple of the huge figures there! Below a couple of pics I just had to take them for you 🖤✨









The mirror here above was so freaking beautiful!! I think it wasn't purchasable but I would have done it :D Also below: There was a big book at the entry where you were allowed to write something down. I left a little heart on the right of one page. So if you are there you know it's mine! It'll be hard to find it in between the thousand pages. But if you spot it please let me know!! 



After that we finally made it to the Vatican City. It’s definitely worth to have a look there. Full of tourists too but it’s so big that you don’t notice it that much. The lighting there is was so perfect for pictures I ended up loving too many of them haha. 







At 2pm I invited my boy to one of my top three favorite vegan places in Rome whereto I made a detailed review. Ever had a black or pink burger before? No? Well then have a look! 🌈🍔
After that tasty food we tried to search for an outdoor pool without success but went to an area with a couple of vintage stores instead. Most of them were utterly overpriced(be careful!) but the one and only true second hand shop is definitely Humana which we have here within Germany too. You might think I’m crazy now buying a warm jacket while nearly having 40 degrees outside but well, that’s what happened haha. I can’t even put its beauty into words but it was only 8-9€ I couldn’t say no 💜 Green with red plaid inside and huge pockets with an oversized fit. I would have bought much more but was a bit worried of my luggage 🙊 Also thanks to the sweet girl who came up to me saying hi 🖤🖤🖤 
So that area now was actually full of stores to shop at including Brandy Melville as well two gothic shops with Killstar, T.U.K., Demonia and Punkrave stuff. Also an anime store called Star Shop but it only had manga, comics and books in Italian. 







Spotted these cool glasses below in a random shop afterwards. They're so crazy!!



Right before sunset we climbed up to Terazza del Pincio to watch the beautiful sky and skyline while someone was making huge bursting bubbles. The kids had so much fun, laughing happily around us, everyone was so happy. This was such a truly beauty moment for me 💜 





The wood there was insanely huge. We wanted to go to the Villa Borghese which we didn’t find the other day. It was all so romantic and the wood was full of wild animals. I spotted one thing looking a bit like a rat or mouse but it wasn’t. Also not a squirrel. I asked you on Instagram and got like 10 different animal names I still don’t know what it was exactly haha(it’s highlighted in case you want me to help?). In the lake there were loads of huge tortoises too 🐢 




We walked back miles again, grabbed a midnight ice cream from our fav place the second time and went to bed ending the day being close to a walking distance of 20km again. You can now tell my feet literally died and well, I got a huge blister under my right foot so couldn’t walk much on our last day.  

Where we come to Saturday
leaving the house at around 2 or 3pm as we slept until 12 or 1. There were three things on our list left: Either going to the beach which is more than an hour bus ride away from Rome or going to Trivoli, similar distance here or exploring another graveyard with the point that it closes at half past 4 already. We went for the last option as I was a bit scared with my foot. And we definitely made the right decision as it was an amazing location. The Pyramide was super cool and the graveyard itself full of treasures(and an angry lady running after us as it’s not allowed to take pictures there, which most people do anyway tho 😅) There are also a few guardian cats around so keep your eyes open 💜


 


In the evening we decided to stay chill and went to Pigneto which is an area full of bars close to our place. We finally tried the Ichnusa beer there for the first time as it got recommended by our Airbnb host and it is SO good! I also spotted the yummiest #accidentallyvegan hazelnut cream filled sandwich cookies I found in the same supermarket hehe. They’re so freaking good!! There's a pic of them in my vegan post.
After another drink we went back to our place getting ready to start the next day between 4-5am leaving Rome again. But lastly let me show you this funny pic we took near our Airbnb. There was a freaking pink Hello Kitty Vespa hahaha 




We spent the Sunday 
in Berlin between flea markets and our favorite vegan Thai food restaurant. It all feels like yesterday now. Still sitting here writing down my whole story. I don’t really feel tired at all. Don’t even want to go to bed later as my To Do List got longer than ever. But I’m so happy I made it all through it again. Together with a wonderful soul at my side who has helped me so much 💜 With every new country I explore I feel safer and less scared in every way. And I'm already thinking about where to go next. I just always need a new destination and something to look forward to. All in over it was a great trip! Italy is a beautiful country and easy to travel around. 

Lastly a few short key notes I made and noticed throughout my stay in Rome:

- Spotted the Lemon/Mandarine trees again like I did in Porto and Tunisia
- Yellow traffic lights, green doesn't lasts long
- All the fans in the restaurants who blow water which is so refreshing
- Small water wells everywhere so you’re always able to get fresh water
- Some places don't give out small money(1,2 and 5 cents) but always round up(?)  
- No bottle deposit which is kinda disappointing to me
- restaurants are usually closed in the middle of the day but open in the evening again until late in the night
- The frequent ambulance siren
- The singings birds in the trees

- weaponed army everywhere

If you have any questions about my stay feel free to drop them below! Thanks a lot for reading in case you made it to the end here. Also I didn't put all of the pictures I have up here(it's already lots) and also wait for my analogue film to pick up next week. Just keep you eyes open on my Instagram so you won't miss them!

💜


No comments :

Post a Comment