Vegan in Rome - My Top 3 Favorite Places including Flower Burger


Since many of you on my Instagram have requested a vegan in Rome guide I decided to list you what I explored below for you. My main Rome blog post will follow after this one!
I tried a good amount of places and also spotted loads of vegan goodies in the supermarket. I was pretty surprised how much you can actually get there as I couldn't find anything about that online in advance. So this is a good 2019 update as you have SO many great vegan options there :) 

For breakfast we usually had toast with different topics such as jam(which is usually always vegan) and found different spreads like olive and artichoke. We tried to find hummus but it's quite rare and the ones we came across didn't look good at all. I also can't believe how expensive peanut butter there is(you should know how obsessed I am with anything with peanuts). It's about 5-6€ for a jar so like the triple amount we pay here within Germany D: We bought fresh tomatoes, banana and then found different vegan things like these vegan chocolate croissants(also available plain and filled with apricot jam) as well these kamut pastries with blueberry filling(a bit dry for my taste). My favorite were definitely the soy yogurts which we got in coffee, coconut and on the last day found coconut based yogurt from another brand but with mint flavor. I loved the coconut soy one!! 



As we are speaking about the supermarkets let me show you a few pictures below from different corners in markets I came across. This is just a tiny part of what I have spotted actually:









I still regret that I didn't take this almond spread with me it looked so good D:

And below my FAVORITE vegan cookies! I didn't find anything online before. I really spotted these by accident. You can also have a look into the ingredients list here. Buy them if you spot them anywhere around! I got them in a small supermarket in Pigneto.





Now let me list you my top three vegan places which you HAVE to check out! 💜

Number One:


On Friday we went there for lunch and got to try their burgers with sides as well the desserts. The special thing about Flowers Burger are the colorful buns whereto obviously had to take the black one haha. They even had a purple one as special back then. Would totally try that one I hope they'll bring it back! My boy got the pink one. All of them were super tasty I can't even tell which was my favorite. For the sides you can decide between two different kinds of potato wedges or edamame beans. There are a couple of different dips and sauces you can choose from too such as the Magik sauce, mayo, rocktail or tartarella sauce. For dessert we got to try the Flower Cream, The Coco-Nuts as well the Chocolate Salami Roll which seems to be a popular thing in Italy. My favorite here was the Flower Cream as ours had chunky brownie and nut bites in it and it's really refreshing in the summer heat. If you love rich chocolate go for the chocolate salami! So allover these burgers not only look freaking good but were probably the best I had so far as it came with loads of sauce(I hate dry food) and it was all fresh while the taste was not too greasy or like fast food but still filling. You can also find Flower Burger in The Netherlands, in France and other cities within Italy.










Number Two:

Okay firstly let me mention that the Italian gelato is by far the best on the world! I think I'll never have ice cream in my country again it's not even comparable with Ben & Jerry's which now would taste just like a sweet chunk of sugar to me. If it comes to ice cream in Rome I firstly have to say that it's very low in price and if not then just go a few streets further as otherwise it's a money trap for tourists. 3 scoops with scone are usually between 2,50-3,50€. One place near the Trevi Fountain wanted to charge 6€ for 2!! which is a joke to me. We firstly tried ice cream at a place called Olive Dolci which is full of different vegan sorts to choose from. It is very very good and worth a visit if you're around.




But. The BEST place is definitely:



This ice cream. Is out of this world. And for the price of only 2,50€ for three huge scoops together with a vegan scone. You can't just only go there once. They even had a full vegan counter with flavors like Nutella, Caramel, Pistacchio Nutella, Chocolate, Vanilla and not to forget all the fruity flavors like apple, pear, lemon basil, melon, pineapple and so on. It's insane! We tried like 11 different flavors together in total and our favorite was definitely Nutella as it has pure "Nutella" through the ice cream base. My second favorite was the apple one. So good I could cry as I already want to have it again! 10/10






Number Three:

Lastly my third favorite was a fancy restaurant place called

Rifugio Romano


They had a whole vegan card with loads of different foods like calzone, pizza and focaccia. But that wasn't enough yet. They also have loads of pasta options(including vegan carbonara), lasagna, "meat" dishes, starters and vegan desserts. You can check the full menu on their website. We decided to go for pizza which was so yummy!! We were super full already I would have loved to try the vegan Tiramisu afterwards. I also wanted to go there twice to try their vegan carbonara but didn't make it in time. This place is absolutely recommendable if you want to enjoy a full menu of traditional Italian dishes.






On Wednesday we also went to a place in Monti called Aromaticus which was okay but it's not on my top list. I had a Power Bowl which was pretty tasty and good to have in the hot weather. The vegan cheese on top was the bomb tho!! Right next to the place you can find Grezzo Raw Chocolate. I was really excited to try their raw sweets as I'm a huge sweet lover. We tried the vegan Tiramisu which was pretty disappointing to me especially for the price. I expected a stronger coffee flavor. But their ice cream is great! Very rich and intense. Especially the Hazelnut one was good. You can definitely taste the quality here. 







When we went back to Germany we found vegan food at a café at the Campiano Airport which was so surprising. They had a vegan sandwich as well some kind of vegan carrot cake, muffins which I think were vegan too and also apricot jam filled croissants which we got for breakfast along with a soy americano coffee. So there are great options for vegans!





I hope this review will be helpful for your next Rome or Italy trip. I tried to keep it short but if you have any specific questions feel free to leave them below! 

🖤

4 comments :

  1. My lovely,
    As you know, I love your posts <3 The picture with the cotton candy is just perfection, I wanted to tell you!

    About Rome, I'm very looking forward to your next post, because I was there 4 years ago in the beginning of June and I died because of the heat, so I don't know how you managed to survive in July! I really had an awful time some days because of that... Anyway, I would love to go back since during my first trip I was still eating cheese (back then I had been a lacto-vegetarian for 4 years) and right after I came back to Barcelona, I turned completely vegan :) So I would love to go and visit the restaurants you mention, especially the colourful-burgers one! Since I'm skinny and have some digestive problems, I always feel bloated/almost sick if I eat too much though, didn't you get belly pain with all those icecreams? Well I guess you didn't eat them all at once haha.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday my darling :) and sorry to bore you with my chattering!

    P.S. I don't know you and this might sound crazy, but I'm sure I would love to be your friend if you lived here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myriam my sweetest!! <3
      Thank you so much for following my content regularly you're so kind D: <3

      I'm working on the next post already it should be up by Friday or on the weekend! I had no idea it is so hot there. And I also don't know how I survived as I'm pretty sensitive to both heat and cold. I just know I drank loads of water until my stomach hurt haha.
      I think vegan cheese is not the most common thing there but it is available at different places! We bought a block of vegan cheese from one supermarket once but accidentally left it at the checkout so couldn't try it D: Definitely let me know if you go there again and how you like the places in case you check them out I'd love to hear about your own opinion!
      I have digestion issues too but I think it's because my gut is very sensitive(irritable bowel syndrome) and I might be intolerant to gluten(try to figure it out at the moment). It wasn't that much ice cream actually as we had it throughout several days :) I only got stomach pain from drinking too much water :D Just remind yourself to drink enough too! It helps your digestion additionally.

      Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment my dear you'd never bore me at all!!

      Where do you live again? We don't know each other but I'd love to get to know you as well. Maybe we can meet whenever I am in your country :3

      Have a lovely evening baby <3

      Delete
  2. Awww you're lovely :)

    First of all, I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and I'd be delighted to meet you if you came here one day (fingers crossed :P)

    Regarding stomach issues, I know some people who were diagnosed with "irritable bowel syndrome" but in general I'm afraid that's what they tell you when they don't know shit about the real issue xD I passed some tests around 2 years ago (fructose, gluten, sorbitol...) and I learned I was sorbitol-intolerant, which really sucks because it's a type of sugar/polialcohol that's inside most of my favourite fruits (apples, peaches, all types of berries, dried fruits such as raisins) and then it also exists the industrial version in many diet products. For example, back then I was eating a raspberry diet jam (HERO is the brand) on a daily basis that had sorbitol as sweetener apart from the natural one inside the raspberry! The horrible thing is that many people has a problem with sorbitol and I'm kind of addicted to apples T_T have you pass these tests too?

    I also tried eating less gluten but I'm not really sure there was a significant difference (because even though someone is not celiac, it doesn't mean they don't have a problem with gluten anyway). Maybe the irritable bowels do exist for no reason :( Anyway I SO HOPE you discover what is hurting you and get better <3 I have kind of thrown in the towel with this.

    I can't believe the never-ending ramblings I leave here, please do not hate me xD

    BTW if you wanna put a face to me words, my IG is https://www.instagram.com/rooney_salander/

    Have a lovely day lil' white witch :)

    ReplyDelete