How To Be A Real Life Video Game Character - Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inspired Tutorial


There are a couple of things I enjoy apart from working, whereto counts watching series and movies, playing around with fashion, photography, spending time in nature but also just staying at home and playing video games. I have been a little gamer girl since I can think and my dad used to spoil me with all the video games I had my eyes on. I just find it so fascinating how the technology with graphics is evolving so quickly. How excited I got over the first game I played in first person. Now sometimes you can't even tell if you're looking at a video game or a movie.

Nintendo will always be one of my addictions. I still own a few older consoles of it. I had my eyes on the Nintendo Switch for so long, especially because I wanted to play Zelda Breathe of The Wild. Zelda with all its characters and the beautiful graphics within the game. Twilight Princess has always been my favorite next to Wind Waker. Breathe of The Wild is HUGE. Like really. The map is insane. You can play hundreds of hours in there. 
Besides that there are many other games I like to try out. I already own Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Evoli and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so these are the ones who will keep me busy at the moment.

Besides that I like to mention that I am SO utterly excited for Animal Crossing on Switch which will be coming out later this year.

There's one another thing I truly enjoy about video games as I get so much inspiration from the outfits, characters and sceneries. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has many different characters with inspiring outfits, whereto I wanted to create looks which you can easily recreate.

Important note: The following looks are NOT cosplays, but I take different elements from the clothes to include them into daily outfits. It's not about this obvious feeling of "Hey wait, aren't you ...?" It's more like:"Wow this outfit is giving me ... vibes!"

I'm not good at planning looks including cosplays in advance as I'm a complete practical person. So I simply look at things and take their vibes from it which then give me a good idea of what I want to exhibit.



MELINDA

I picked out two of my favorite characters from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters as inspiration and created daily looks with it. Starting with Melinda from Animal Crossing which I obviously had to choose as it's my fav game from all. Her outfits are really cute with skirt, little ribbons and blouse. I used two versions of her outfits both kept in greenish color.

For the first one I used a vintage blouse which I found in a second hand shop in Berlin a while ago. You can easily use a sleeveless plaid sweater vest which would fit even better. I didn't have any at home and these outfits happened from my own closet which is the goal here so I play around with it. Combined with a white blouse underneath and a black cropped button up denim skirt. The key essentials here are the red ribbon around neck and as tie in the hair. It's all about the small things. Thigh high socks for the school girl vibe and nerdy glasses. To keep my personal style I added triple platforms of course. You can also easily wear flat creepers, Vans or Converse if you're not a platform person like me.



For the second version which I have changed slightly I used a green blueish denim blazer/jacket. You can also easily wear a cardigan but the buttons make a big difference. I changed to different socks which have tiny blossoms on it. I thought this is bringing out the happy spring vibe of Melinda and the kawaii feeling. With frilly socks and oxford platforms the perfect cute look! I kept the red ribbon and tie but you can change it to a green one too for a matching look.



Plaid Shirt - Vintage similar here and here
White Shirt - Goodbyebread
Green Denim Jacket - Moooh!
Denim Skirt - Monki similar here and here
Bucket Bag - NA-KD
Cherry Blossom Socks - Uoobox
White Frilly Socks - Primark
Triple Platform Creepers - Underground England
Ring Oxford Platforms - VII & Co.

Regarding the makeup I used red lipstick to catch the red elements. A bit of blush on the cheeks is welcomed here. Around my eyes I'm wearing grey light smokey eyes but overall it should be a natural look as Melinda is not exhibiting a drag queen.

Which one of the two versions above do you like better?


LUCINA

The second character I chose is Lucina from Fire Emblem. All Fire Emblem Characters have this dark Assassine touch which I'm obsessed with. You can easily create interesting layers with different fabrics. There are many golden elements which you can replace with nice accessories like jewelry and also harnesses or belts. I'm more of silver type of person so I went for silver elements instead.




A black asymmetric Killstar sweatshirt under a long, hooded Rogue & Wolf cardigan with red elements paired with chunky boots and overknee tights. This is the base where we add the details made of a loop scarf, harnesses, a belt and a studded bum bag. Instead of the headpiece in Lucina's look I made it up with the hood!








Below I changed the outfits slightly with overknee boots from Dolls Kill, grey tights and another cardigan which is also from Rogue & Wolf but comes with purple elements in the hood instead of red.




Moon Ritual and Moon Seer Cardigan - Rogue + Wolf
Immortal Coil Tunic - Killstar
Loop Scarf - Weekday
Triangle Belt - Restyle
Belt - Uoobox
Hexellent Waist Bag - Killstar
Motard Boots - Steelground
Obsidian Pocket Combat Boots - Dolls Kill

Regarding the makeup you can go for a dark and dramatic smokey eye look, even all black if you feel comfortable with it. I stayed with red lips for the red cardigan but if you wear purple you can easily rock it along with purple lipstick! Crescent moons near eye or in the middle of your forehead would be a cute addition as well.



I promise it's not that difficult to wear game character inspired outfits with things out of your own wardrobe only. It's really all about the accessories at the end. Let me know what you think and if you have any own previous look where you exhibit someone, I'm curious!

Also I'm running a Giveaway on my Instagram right now in collaboration with Nintendo where you can, hold on tight! WIN a NINTENDO SWITCH along with Super Mario Smash Bros. Ultimate, no joke! It's only within Germany and Austria but you can join and check it out on my Instagram account.

If you have any questions or if you need my personal style advice feel free to leave comments below! 

💜


2 comments :