Why My Finger Tattoos Have Changed Me








Today I would like to talk a bit about the struggle I had with nail biting over years until two years ago. 
When I was younger I was so addicted to bite my nails off. It was a way to get rid off stress and nervousness but it also often just happened out of boredom. I tried out a lot of things to stop me from it. Some people and friends told me that it's gross because there's so much dirt and bacteria under your nails. Some said it just looks disgusting. But nothing really bothered me, I was simply comfortable with that because biting gave me a satisfying feeling. Additional to that I never had problems with nails that could break off like other people had, I wasn't forced to that care of them or to paint them what saved a lot of time. I remember some friends got judged because of their flaky nails, like "Ew how can you wear that go fix it it looks scruffy" and I was one happy person as I never had this problem. With 16 I had one time phase where I somehow stopped myself from biting. My nails were long enough to paint them in a nice color and to scratch people hehe. I felt great with it, but then one broke off in accident and I got angry so the other followed quickly due the aggression. 
Some people recommended special nail polish from the pharmacy with a disgusting taste but I didn't believed in that since nothing could stop me.Three years later I started to wear cheap glue on nails here and there to protect my real nails from biting. The most annoying thing was that I couldn't do anything normal without getting annoyed of the length. I couldn't type on my phone, nor wash my dishes. They felt off all the time and I had to glue them on over and over again. It felt wrong since I'm really not a lady to be honest. But then there came this day to get my finger tattoos done, and this day changed my life completely. Not only because I feel myself with them, also because I started to bite on my nails completely. Yes, completely from one moment to the next. It is strange somehow but I told myself that, when I want to show people my tattoos, I want to have nice nails and lovely hands. And here we are, something that I am really proud of till today.

Sometimes I like to wear fake nails though since you have wonderful opportunities with them and my real nails would never grow that long. On the pictures you can see two different sets from Dippycownails. They are great for special events, magical outfits or shootings. I wouldn't wear them on daily basis though as I'm too afraid to loose them or to hurt myself since I have to do a lot of housework and stuff on my own. 
What about you? What are your thoughts on press on nails and have you also struggled or struggle with nail biting?





14 comments :

  1. I'm glad that your happy with your nails and hands. Your press on nails are cool, but I like growing and painting my own nails even though it's a hassel at times. I've never got in the habit since the few times I tried it, my teeth hated me for it. Your hand tattoos are so unique, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally understand your points, it's the same for me! You can be lucky that you are not into this habit. I think my teeth also got a bit bad from it. Thank you so much also!! ♥

      Delete
  2. I used to bite my nails really bad, too. I tried stopping myself when I was 16 because I took guitar lessons and I was so embarrassed when my teacher stared at my nails for an hour each week. But I actually only managed to stop when I got braces a few years later. It was impossible to bite your nails while having that shit stuck on your teeth.
    But to this day I am prone to still bite a few nails off when they break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thanks for sharing your story with me. I took guitar lessons once too but at that point I was happy to have short nails as long ones would be just in the way. Also, I never thought about braces might helps that is really interesting. I think one day you will be completely over it and I'm already proud of you!! ♥

      Delete
  3. Ich habe auch lange Zeit an meinen Nägel rumgekaut, irgendwann hats einfach aufgehört. Ab und zu beisse ich sie noch immer ab, wenn ich sehr nervös bin aber das ist zum Glück selten. Sehr schöne Nägel! Hatte lange Zeit Gelnägel, aber die wurden mir irgendwann zu umständlich. Und seit ein paar Jahren habe ich einfach meine Naturnägel. Ich trage sie kurz, finde ich zum Tippen am besten. (arbeite in einem Büro)

    Lieber Gruss
    Diana <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich muss sagen, dass ich dafür angefangen habe an meiner Wangeninnenseite/Lippe zu knabbern :/ und manchmal an der Haut um den Nägeln..im Winter besonders schlimm weil die Haut sehr trocken ist. Irgendwie hat glaube ich jeder so seine Zwänge um Nervosität loszuwerden. Kurze Nägel sind auch schön! Ich finde nur wichtig dass sie gesund aussehen und man sich selbst wohl fühlt :) Liebste Grüße zurück <3 Kimi

      Delete
  4. I sucked my thumb until I was nine years old

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh hun! Your nail bitting story is almost as same as mine, with the only difference that I don't have finger tattoos (yet) but wearing fake nails has definitely helped me with my chronic nail bitting. Even though few of them broke off so I started bitting again. I feel like I will be coming back to this post to keep me motivated not to bite my nails. I do agree that it's an amazing stress relief but in the long run it's just not worth it. Thank you so much for sharing your story! <3
    Kinga xxx
    http://rockthisrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been staring at "Enter Your Comment" and I know there is nothing I can safely say. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats one of the best things, something you did for you and these falsies are stunning too!

    Xxx
    www.fashiondew.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  8. Have a good day :) With best best wishes :)
    Regards
    Shopafford.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I’m just really happy that I find your blog. Your style is perfect. Don’t stop posting ,
    because I’m coming back:)
    Regards.
    Shopafford.com

    ReplyDelete