My Trip to Nottingham featuring Lace Market Hotel




It’s been over a year since I have posted something on my blog here. And I kinda miss it. I’ve always blogged mainly for myself. It’s like a journey or diary to me. While knowing that the one or other of you will read it too, feeling inspired by it. 

Actually, I’m writing this here at 2.40am in the middle of the night. While it’s raining outside. And that’s my favourite time to write because everything is so peaceful and quiet. 

So yes, I decided to make a post again. It’s been over a year. And I still can’t get warm with the new blogger page. But I wrote this all with passion so I’m sharing it while wanting to recommend you some places in Nottingham. Travel entries have always been my favourite. 

Oh and if you didn’t notice it yet: I actually moved to London this year. Like, completely with all my belongings. Not only with my soul but physically. Just in case you’ve missed it at some point on my other social media channels. And that’s a good reason to go back to my older posts. Because I always knew it will happen. While I’m sure that I’ve mentioned here often enough, not only in real life. 

Let’s get back to this lovely travel journey to Nottingham. My boyfriend’s and my own birthday are close to each other so decided to celebrate together like we did last year but in Brighton. 

We decided to take a trip to Nottingham where we’ve stayed in a wonderful hotel called The Lace Market Hotel. I specifically went for this hotel because I was looking for vegan friendly places whereto this looked incredibly lovely and promising. 

But why Nottingham? 

Well many people asked us and the main reason was the Warhammer World as my bf is a huge Warhammer fan. And secondly because I love visiting every place in this world. Every city or village is an adventure to me. Because beauty is everywhere. Whereto Nottingham definitely didn’t disappoint me at all but the opposite! So let me show you a bit around the hotel and a few other places that I can recommend for vegan heads and vintage lovers. 

We took the coach from London to Nottingham on Saturday at lunch time. The journey was about 3 hours which fo me doesn’t feel long anymore as I’ve had some quite long journeys over the years(oh hello agoraphobia I bet you). We stayed in a small hotel for one night south of Nottingham. That day was very rainy. Like crazily rainy so didn’t do too much besides having dinner at The Botanist where I went for the Vegan Board. That place was super beautiful and inspiring! Full of plants and wooden elements. The food was alright too. I loved the glazed cauliflower the most. Some parts were a bit boring for the price of it but I still enjoyed it and it made me feel full! 



On Sunday we went into the city center and of course had to explore some vintage shops already where I immediately spotted a super cute chenille vintage sweater that I took with me! Sorry no photo for here but I posted it on my Instagram. The store was called Cow Vintage and is quite central so definitely have a look. 

We had a late breakfast at Effy which a lovely soul on my new vegan account @worldwideveganism has recommended me. The menu was small but lovely! I went for the vegan truffle mushroom melt and had my first pumpkin spice latte in over several years I think. Both was beautiful and tasty! The café is tiny but the staff very lovely and welcoming. 



At around 3pm we chad our check-in at our hotel called Lace Market Hotel. My god let me tell you that the Studio Suite we’ve stayed in is a pure dream! It’s like huuuge with lots of big windows, beautiful interior, lots of mirrors, a bathtub and a bed like for kings. I’ll add some pictures for you below so you can get an impression. 

Starting with the main room:









and the adorable bathroom with both shower and bathub:












Besides the lovely rooms itself I’ve spotted some great details such as the vegan soap, bath salts etc. so this hotel puts a lot of importance into sustainability and changes in an environmental friendly direction!


After we got comfy in our room we went out again to explore some shops close by. I simply love that everything was just like 5 or 10 minutes away from our hotel. Even the National Justice Museum with the caves was just on the opposite side of us! The street where we went to was a huge charity shop called Sue Ryder with mixed things such a clothing, furniture, books and vinyls which was an adventure itself. Across the street more vintage shops and a crazy kind of witchy store called Jugglers which you definitely need to check out too! Nearly bought a necklace there. They have lots of witchy and magical stuff. Some a bit trashy or overpriced as I know the sources but you might find the one or other gem there. I can also recommend the pub Pit & Pendulum where we had a quick stop and my boyfriend a beer. Give me a little tip: if you’re searching for the bathroom check the book wall! It was super awkward cause I couldn’t find it for like 15 minutes 😂 obviously they’re making fun of it and if you know then you know 😃







Later for dinner we went in a pub called Angel Microbrewery which was another recommendation on my vegan account and thought would be lovely for my beer loving boyfriend. It’s also just around the corner. Everything on their menu can be made vegan. I went for the fish & chips where the fish was made of tempeh. Weird combination I know as it really didn’t taste like fish but for some reason was still very good! We had a cocktail in a tiny place called Brass Monkey afterwards and watched some Netflix back at the hotel to finish the Sunday. 




On Monday after waking up to the sun we had breakfast in the hotel. Unfortunately the Vegan Pancakes on the menu which I really wanted to go for weren't available so went for the porridge made with almond milk. Porridge in other places is usually very plain and boring. Mostly watery too. This one was okay but of course the pancakes would have been nicer. I'm not complaining tho and it was lovely with jam and fruit :)





There was also a vegan savoury breakfast available which I didn't try though as I'm a sweet person. The buffet was also just okay. The problem there was that nothing was labelled regarding allergens etc. so the only choice I had was the fruit and maybe some bread with jam. I'm kindly leaving my feedback and tips there though! 



After breakfast I was shooting some content for me in the hotel room(check my Instagram) and then we went to Warhammer World which takes about 20 minutes with the tram. So again very close by. I was impressed by that place. It was smaller than expected but of course most figures are tiny. And the love and detail in the figures is simply insane. So many fantasy creatures in gorgeous colours which I felt inspired by. True art! And I’m thankful for that experience while now also understanding more of my boyfriend’s passion for it 💜



It takes about an hour to get through the museum. Next to it is a restaurant/pub called Bugman's Bar where I went for the vegan Cajun Vegetable & Bean Burger (Azyr Burger). It was really nice! I loved the soft bread and the curly fries with sweetcorn relish on the side.


Then we took the tram directly to the Arboterum which is a nice park. There were so many squirrels! It started to rain and gladly found a café where we spent some time talking and chatting. The soy latte was awesome. Had lots of vegan options too just ask the lovely lady there and she’ll give you a big list! 

When the rain calmed down we went back to our hotel and relaxed. Played Animal Crossing and later went down into the hotel pub called Cock & Hoop for a private dining. There were many vegan options too. Less than usual due covid and delivery issues but enough to choose from. I went for the Vegan Steak and my boyfriend had the Vegan Hotdog. Both was delicious! The fries and onion rings super crispy. The steak tasted very like pea protein but still enjoyed it. However I was so full from the burger still that I didn’t finish it and wanted to keep space for the dessert. A Chocolate & Coconut Tart with coconut gelato. An absolutely beautiful and tasty treat and probably my fav from the whole trip! We both shared it and I can highly recommend it. Really needed as a dessert lover here. 






We went back to bed full and happy. It was a rainy night. And that’s the point where I have to make a cut as I’m here in my bed writing. The next chapter will be written on the bus back.


On Monday it was already time to leave again. I was really sad that the vegan pancakes still weren’t served so sticked to fruit there. After checking out we explored some more vintage shops and stayed a while in an amazing café called Hockley Kitchen. I had an almond latte and a slice of the Biscoff cake which was super lovely! My eyes were bigger than my tummy again but hate food waste so managed it 😅

We meant to take a coach back at 2pm but for some reason no bus came and called the company an hour later who informed us that all busses that day are cancelled. So jumped on the train instead as recommended and refundable option from them. Now I’m sitting here and can’t stop thinking about my little snakey waiting at home for me 🐍 I feel very tired and exhausted from the trip but it was lovely! Let me post a few more facts about Nottingham that I noticed:


- very clean streets

- many students

- quite a lot vegan places

- great selection of vintage shops

- a lot of different buildings and many red brick ones

- lots of building work everywhere

- felt quite small(but mainly because we stayed quite central only)


Would I like to live there? Definitely no. I’m asking this myself because I was always wondering whether it’s London I fell in love with of England overall. And I do love Brighton(haven’t seen much else of England yet). Nottingham is just way too small and not my kind of thing. Still worth a visit for a quick trip! 

And if you do, the Lace Market Hotel is definitely a great choice. Also for vegans! My only complaint is that there was nothing labeled at the breakfast buffet so the choice was very restricted and would have loved to see allergens or a vegan/vegetarian label. It’s easy and makes a big difference. Same with a pot of oat milk to take(you can ask the waiter tho) since many omnivores prefer it over regular milk for tea and coffee. Will definitely forward this as a tip to the team. And maybe mentioning like a vegan option for bread such as hummus, vegan cheese or ham :) But a few points of what I absolutely loved there:

- the view(especially from the bed)

- the lighting in the room

- huge room

- very comfy bed

- loved the hangers! Forgot to take a pic but I've never seen that kind before

- super friendly staff

- beautiful interior and perfect, central location

- also felt very welcomed with prosecco in that cute little fridge you have in your room



💜

5 comments :

  1. pg joker ศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมสล็อต คาสิโนที่ดินพวกเราคัดสรรค์มาให้ท่านแล้วที่นี้ พีจี มากไปกว่านั้นเป็น 1 ยูสสามารถเข้าเล่นได้ทุกค่ายในเว็บไซต์ไม่จำกัดพร้อมแอดไม่นดูแลตลอดๆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ทดลอง เล่น บาคาร่า ทำให้การเล่น เกมส์ออนไลน์ ของท่านง่ายและจากนั้นก็สบายมากขึ้น ไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาเดินทาง pgslot-th.com ได้คัดสรรเกมที่น่าสนใจและ ได้เงินจริง มาให้ท่านแล้ว

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've been following this blog for a while now, and I continue to be impressed by the consistently high standard of content. The author's commitment to providing value to readers is evident in every post. Cheers to a fantastic blog!"
    palmetto state armory discount

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This blog's commitment to fostering a sense of community goes beyond the digital realm. The author actively engages with readers through social media, webinars, and other channels, creating a virtual space where enthusiasts can connect and share their passion."
    pizza boli coupon

    ReplyDelete
  5. pg slot สล็อต พี จี ถ้ามีปริศนาว่า เกมสล็อต PG SLOT เกมไหนดี จะต้องบอกเลยว่า เว็บชั้น 1 ของประเทศเวลานี้ จำต้องน่าเล่นมากยิ่งกว่า 1000 เกม แล้วก็ ยังสามารถเล่นได้ทั้งยัง

    ReplyDelete